additional indoor air quality resources

Where to Go for Additional Indoor Air Quality Resources

Links to other Federal Agencies on this page are pointers to other hosts and locations in the Internet. This information is provided here as a service.

Federal Information Sources for Indoor Air Quality

Federal agencies with indoor air quality resources may be contacted as follows:

U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA)

INDOOR AIR QUALITY – Information Clearinghouse (IAQ INFO)
P.O. Box 37133
Washington, DC 20013-7133
(800) 438-4318; (703) 356-4020
(fax) 703-356-5386 or e-mail: iaqinfo@aol.com
Operates Monday to Friday from 9a.m. to 5p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST). Distributes EPA publications, answers questions on the phone, and makes referrals to other nonprofit and governmental organizations.

[(800) 767-7236] Information recording operates 24 hours a day.


U.S. Department of Energy

Office of Conservation and Renewable Energy
1000 Independence Ave., SW, Washington, DC 20585

Conservation and Renewable Energy Inquiry and Referral Service (CAREIRS)
PO Box 3048, Merrifield, VA 22116; (800) 523-2929.
Operates Monday to Friday from 9 to 5 EST. Provides consumer information on conservation and renewable energy in residences.

U.S. Public Health Service

Division of Federal Occupational Health
Office of Environmental Hygiene, Region III, Room 1310
3535 Market St., Philadelphia, PA 19104
(215) 596-1888; fax: 215-596-5024
Provides indoor air quality consultative services to federal agency managers.

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

Lead Poisoning Prevention Branch
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
4770 Buford Highway, NE (F-42)
Atlanta, GA 30341-3724
(800) 488-7330

Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)

Office of Information and Consumer Affairs
Room N-3647, 200 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20210
(202) 219-8151

Your questions or concerns about indoor air problems can frequently be answered by the government agencies in your state or local government. Responsibilities for indoor air quality issues are usually divided among many different agencies. Calling or writing the agencies responsible for health or air quality control is the best way to start getting information from your state or local government. To obtain state agency contacts, write or call EPA’s IAQ Information Clearinghouse, (800) 438-4318, (703) 356-4020 in the Washington, D.C. area.

Our Featured Special